Dyslexia Assessments - Children & Adults
Referrals may be made for an assessment to identify a Specific Learning Disability in Reading and Written Expression (Dyslexia). At On Track Psychological Services you may expect::
- Parent / Carer interview including developmental and educational history (parents only)
- Approximately 120-180 minutes of testing directly related to determining whether a diagnosis is appropriate.
- Provision of a detailed report with summary and diagnostic opinion - provided within 3 working weeks
- Individualised, specific learning recommendations for school and home
- Feedback session
Depending on the referral question and testing required, 3 sessions are usually required
- Initial parent consultation (30-50 mins)
- Assessment session (120-180 mins)
- Feedback session for parents (50 mins)
$950. If you have a Health Care card fees are reduced to $800. Payment plans are available, however the report will not be provided and the feedback session will not occur until final payment has been made. Unfortunately, Medicare does not currently supply rebates for these services. This is currently under government review. Some private medical insurers may cover some of the cost. Contact your insurer and supply Item Numbers 100 and 200 to see if you may receive a benefit.